Opéra national de Paris
The Opéra national de Paris welcomes over 1,4 millions spectators per year, in its two auditoriums, that of the Opéra Bastille (2745 seats) and that of the Palais Garnier (2013 seats), to come to about 500 operatic and ballet performances, as well as to concerts, to shows for children, as well as to conferences and encounters («Convergences»).
The Opéra national de Paris it's also a dancing school (Nanterre) which forms the future ballet dancers.
120 rue de Lyon
8 rue Scribe
Telephone08 92 89 90 90 (3,35 € TTC la min) informations and reservations
LEGAL STATUS :
Établissement public industriel et commercial (EPIC) since 1994.
President of the Management Board:
Managing Director: Stéphane Lissner
Financial and Administrative Manager:
Assistant Manager: Jean-Philippe Thiellay
- BUDGET :
- 216 M€
- EMPLOYMENT (FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT) :
- 1 496
ARTISTICAL MEANS :
Orchestre de l’Opéra national de Paris: 174 musicians
Chœurs de l’Opéra national de Paris: 112 members of the choir
Ballet de l’Opéra national de Paris: 154 dancers
TECHNICAL MEANS :
• Costume workshop of Bastille: 1 Manager of the costume workshop, 1 assistant, 2 Production managers, 1 Manager of the Atelier tailleur, 2 seconds of the Atelier tailleur, 8 costume designers of the Atelier tailleur, 1 Manager Atelier Flou, 2 seconds Atelier Flou, 8 costume designers Atelier Flou, 2 milliners, 1 Manager Atelier Déco, 1 assistant Atelier Déco, 1 Manager tissuthèque, 1 shoemaker, 1 foreman of the Dressing Department, 1 assistant dresser, 4 Managers of shows, 4 managers of the maintenance of the costumes, 19 dressers, 1 foreman wigmaker/make-up artist, 1 assistant wigger, 3 Managers of shows, 1 coordinator of the Ateliers, 9 wigmakers/make-up artists.
• Costume workshop of Garnier: 1 Manager of the costume workshop, 1 assistant, 1 Management Assistant, 1 Production Manager, 1 Manager Atelier Flou, 2 seconds Atelier Flou, 9 costume designers, 1 Manager Atelier tailleur, 1 second Atelier tailleur, 1 second Atelier tailleur and Maille hommes, 7 costume designers, 1 Manager Maille hommes, 1 Manager Atelier Déco, 1 decorator, 1 Manager Milliner, 1 Manager Tissuthèque, 1 foreman dresser, 1 assistant dresser, 4 Managers of shows, 2 Managers of the maintenance of the costumes, 1 member of the Retouching workshop, 3 foremen dressers, 9 dressers, 1 foreman of the Wigmaking and Making-up Department, 1 Manager Making-up, 2 Managers of the shows, 4 wigmakers/make-up designers, 1 foreman of the Patrimony of the Costumes Department, 1 Manager location ballet, 3 Managers archivists/storekeepers.
Scenery workshop: 1 Manager of the Scenery workshop, 1 assistant Manager, 1 artistic assistant foreman, 1 Manager of the Logistic Department, 1 Manager of the Bureau of Studies, 9 drawers, 1 Manager of the Painting Department, 1 assistant of the Painting Department, 4 painters-decorators, 1 Manager sculptor, 1 assistant Manager of the Sculpture Department, 2 sculptors, 1 Manager of the Tapestry Department, 1 assistant Manager of the Tapestry Department, 3 upholsterers, 1 Manager of the Carpentry Department, 9 Carpenters, 1 Manager of the Locksmithing Department, 1 assistant Manager of the Locksmithing Department, 7 locksmiths, 1 Manager of the Composite Materials Department, 1 Assistant Manager of the Composite Materials Department, 4 Moulders-Stratifiers, 1 Manager of the Scenic Engineering Department, 1 Assistant Manager of the Scenic Engineering Department, 1 assistant of the Scenic Engineering Department, 7 Managers of automated systems, 4 Managers Skilled workers, 9 maintenance Skilled Workers, 1 Storehouse Manager, 1 assistant of the Storehouse Manager, 2 assistant managers of the Storehouse Department, 2 foremen, 5 skilled workers.
- NUMBER OF SEATS :
- BASTILLE: Grande salle: 2 745
- BASTILLE: L'amphithéâtre: 500
- BASTILLE: Le Studio: 230
- GARNIER: 2 013
- YEAR OF OPENING CEREMONY :
- BASTILLE: 1989
- GARNIER: 1875
- ARCHITECT(S) :
- BASTILLE: Carlos Ott
- GARNIER: Charles Garnier